Presenting Micah Jeffrey Vernon!
Born on July 14, 2007
Weight: 7 lbs, 1 oz
Length: 18 1/2 inches
The Proud Parents
We are very pleased to announce that our newest Vernonite, Micah, was born on Saturday, July 14th at 3:53 PM. I woke up at about 3 AM with contractions every 15 minutes or so, and Andy timed me for the next few hours. Around 8 AM they were coming about every five minutes, so we called my parents and they came over to take care of Katie while we went to the hospital. We arrived around 9:30 and they checked me in (I was very glad; I was afraid they might send me back home to wait some more) and we waited around for a few hours. I was not making a ton of progress, so they broke my water and started me on ptocin (Andy says that it how you spell it, but it looks weird to me), and after that things moved very fast. So fast, in fact, that my doctor got there after I had already been pushing for a few minutes. But everything went really smoothly, and Micah arrived healthy and so adorable that we can hardly believe our eyes. We spent two nights in the hospital and have now arrived home. Now the real work starts. We are a little apprehensive about how Katie will react to this newcomer. She is used to being the star of the show. But so far she has been curious, and mostly just curious about all the stuff that comes along with a new baby. We will have more news and pictures coming soon, but I hear Micah squeaking for me (he is a hungry little guy!), so that is all for now.
Born on July 14, 2007
Weight: 7 lbs, 1 oz
Length: 18 1/2 inches

10 comments:
YEA!!!! I am soooo excited for you guys! You'll have to keep me updated (yeah, I'm sure you'll have tons of time) so I will know what to expect when my time comes :o) Way to go Sara!!
Congratulations Sara! Enjoy having a tiny one (I know, it's hard to do because there so many difficult things about it), because they grow up way too quickly!
WAY TO GO VERNONS! We are so happy for you. CONGRATULATIONS! We will be up to visit soon. Sorry we didn't make it to the hospital. My sister had her baby on the very same day so we've been a little preoccupied trying to help her out. Keep us posted on all the happenings of the CURIOUS KATIE BUG. We can't wait to see how she handles all this.
Congratulations!! We are so happy for you guys! Let us know how it is with two to keep track of!!
Congrats. We are so happy for you. Sara, you look way too good in your hospital gown! Not fair! Keep blogging so we can keep up with you. We will definitely call you when we come into SLC.
Congratulations Vernons!! He is Georgous! We miss you guys at Kids Club. When are you coming back? LOL
By the way Andy, my choppers still look great. Send more pictures soon.
Congrats Vernon family! I got your blog from an email Kristen Miller forwarded. This is Amber from your Mesa Ward. You are such a cute family and missed! Your baby boy is so cute and Katie looks bigger already. I added you to my friend's on my blog. Check out ours when you get time www.aawhiting.blogspot.com
I am so glad to have a sweet niece AND a nephew now!
-Heady
Congrats Sara! This is Kate (Church) Winsor from Longfellow. I saw your blog from the Trapnell's. Hope you don't mind if I add you to mine. Good luck in Utah. I'm jealous!
Hey Sara,
It is Jen Roper! I found your blog through Brooke's and I am really excited to be able to keep in touch with you guys!
Your babe is darling and I am so glad the delivery and everything went well.
I look forward to hearing about how things are now that he has been home a little while!
Matt is going to be so excited that he can read about Andy too :)!!
Our blog is theroperfam.blogspot.com.
Take care,
Jen
Post a Comment