
Well, here it is: my first blog. There is a lot of pressure connected with this. If anyone actually reads this, I hope they will not expect to be entertained or amused. Unfortunately for you, the reader, this is really a time for me, the writer, to unload my thoughts, even if they are not very interesting.
Now, for anyone still reading, welcome! This is the official blog for the Vernonites, Andy, Katie, and Sara (the author). We are living in Mesa, Arizona. The big news here is that after 144 days of nothing, it finally rained down here! And I think the weather was trying to play catch-up, because it rained for almost 24 hours straight. I spent the day in bed, being very ill indeed. I am still not sure what it was: food poisoning or the flu. I think I may have pushed my luck with some Hawaiian haystacks that spent a few days too long in the fridge. All I know is that I had a horrible stomach ache all night long, and threw up in the morning. I haven't thrown up since I had morning sickness with Katie, but it was just as unpleasant as I remembered. I also ran a little fever for a few hours, so I lazed around while Andy took care of the baby. Thank goodness it was the weekend! I can't imagine being sick and having to take care of the baby all by myself (although I am sure I will have to at some point in the future).
While I was feeling sorry for myself, Andy was watching game after game of college basketball. Ah, yes, March Madness is here again. What a joyous time for the men in our lives (as well as you sporty women, I know). We both filled out brackets, although I suspect Andy put a bit more thought into it than I did. ESPN has been on continuously for the last 72 hours. Andy and his school buddies have "The Costco Dog Championship" riding on the results of the big dance. This consists of all the dental school guys filling out their brackets, as well as a "dream menu" from Costco. These menus are ridiculous. Hot dogs, pizza, chicken bakes, ice cream... it's all there. The "winner" of this pool gets his dream menu paid for by the other guys, but only if he can eat everything he listed. This is where it gets scary. Hopefully no one will get hurt this year. I will keep you posted on the results.
Katie, our little roller, just keeps on rolling everywhere. She shows absolutely no sign of being interested in crawling or pulling up or walking. Everyone tells me it is a good thing, to enjoy her relative immobility, but I can't help worrying about her a bit, just the same. Anyway, her rolling gets her into mischief enough already. The other day I was doing dishes in the kitchen, but when I looked through into the living room where I left her, she was nowhere to be found. I heard a crinkle crinkle sound coming from the bathroom, so I looked in there. She had rolled over to the garbage can, and was pulling everything out onto the floor. I suspect she may have put a used q-tip or kleenex into her mouth before I found her. So don't tell me that this is a time to be savored. Crawling or not, she can still get into things she shouldn't.

1 comment:
It is so good to hear from you and also see the new addition to your family. She is a doll. Our little one is not so little anymore. She is almost 20 months. She will turn 2 in July. Don't worry about the crawling. I was the same way. Kylie rolled around until 10 months, then she loved to crawl and on her 1 year birthday, she walked. They just go at their own pace. Enjoy every minute because it goes by so darn fast! Thanks for the email it's so good to hear from you.
Post a Comment