Katie enjoying the AZ sunshine
Katie and her keysWell, Katie is getting her one year molars in, and it is not a pretty sight. She has been super cranky this past week, and there is very little that Andy and I can do to appease her. She whines when she is on the floor, and then she whines when you pick her up. She whines when she wants a toy, and then she whines when you give her one. It is driving me crazy! When she got her front teeth in, it was no problemo. I didn't even realize it until a few of them had poked their way through. But these molars are a whole different animal.
We enjoyed a visit from Andy's mother, Kathy, a couple of weeks ago. We love having grandmas around, even if it is just for a few days. We went to the zoo (I know, we go there a lot), and visited some relatives on the west side of town. We can't wait to have her back in a couple of weeks for Katie's first birthday, along with my family.
I have become one of those mothers that I swore I would never become. I let Katie roam free in the back of the chapel during sacrament last week. Like I said, this teething is making our sweet little angel super crabby. She just would not sit still, so I put her down on the ground with some toys in the hopes that she would play and I could still listen to the talks. No dice. As soon as she touched the ground, she was off, crawling up the aisle at lightning speed. Andy and I just watched her go. We figured that as long as she wasn't screaming, we'd just let her do whatever she wanted. As Katie made her way along the first row of chairs, a woman scooped her up and played with her for a few minutes. It was nice to just sit next to Andy and listen, like in the good old days before we had kids. Then after a few minutes, she put Katie back down, and Katie went along her merry way. It was great for us, but I feel bad about disturbing the people sitting around us. When I didn't know any better, I thought those moms who let their kids go were annoying. But now I know that an eleven month old can sit still for about ten minutes before they start to flip out, so the only thing you can do sometimes is to just let them go. Right?

3 comments:
Hey Sara-I finally figured out how to read your blog. Becca had to help me out. I thought there was some attatchment on the email that I was too dense to find. ANYWHO! What a little cutie you have. I still feel like I barely went to your baby shower. HOLY COW! Time seems to go really fast. I have to say-do not feel bad about counting down the time until nursery. Laken just barely started and she LOVES it and I LOVE it-no more miserable 2 hour chases around the halls at church! I personally think that we should have another class for littler kids who aren't 1 and a half yet, but can crawl or walk and drive their parents crazy at church. It's fun to hear what's going on with you guys. Can't wait to see you this summer. LOVE CIRCE
I was the one that deleted my own comment... oops. But I just wanted to say thats better, keep ol' chunk-o out of it! love you!
Post a Comment